Friday, September 21, 2012

Frugal Friday DIY Cold Pack




With 6 kids in the house and a few athletes in the bunch, we are always using various household staples such as frozen peas and frozen fruit as home made ice packs to sooth those boo boos or ice sore muscles after football practice.  So when Maggie over at Family Frugal Fun posted a DIY cold pack recipe, I knew right away that I had to try it out for myself. Since I already had lots of Hefty bags and rubbing alcohol on hand from my Dollar Tree escapades, this wasn't going to cost me a cent!  So here's the recipe:

1 part alcohol
2 parts water
freeze, then use



 The final product is a very cold, almost slushy type of cold pack that isn't frozen solid. I have it on my wrist above and it wrapped itself around it very nicely. PLEASE mark the cold pack accordingly so nobody will accidently use it as a block of ice in the party punch!

No comments:

Post a Comment