Friday, October 5, 2012

DIY Repurposed Coupons & Extra Care Bucks Notepads




I'm sure many of you have expired coupons that you printed out online or got from the magic red box at CVS.  I used to recycle them but then I realized that the paper was still good for writing on the back, so this is what I did.





First I ran my pen over the barcode of the internet printable coupons (IPs).  You don't have to do this, but I do it as a security measure because you never know who may want to copy and counterfeit them after you toss them out.  Then I just flipped them over and stapled the corner.  Now I have plenty of notepads to jot down all of my shopping trips, leave by the phone for messages, or even let the kids doodle on them during church. 

By no means am I the first person to make notepads.  This is just my personal experience or repurposing my own coupons.


4 comments:

  1. Love that you're sharing that because believe it or not, some people really don't think of doing this. I save everything! I already do your suggestion. I firmly believe in waste not, want not! When my kids bring their school folders home with their test papers or reminders of what's going on in school, I use the clean side to print off my coupons or shopping list from couponmom or whatever site I'm using that day! I really love your blog!

    ~ Sterling Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sterling Rose- So glad the post was of use to you. I LOVE it when the kid bring home nice, sturdy paper from school with all kinds of announcements. It really does print the best coupons! I grew up with the waste not want not motto in my home, and it's important that my children learn the same values. Thanks for stopping by, and thank you for your support!

      Delete
  2. Great idea! I reuse envelopes that bills come in...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Living The FantabuLESS LifeOctober 5, 2012 at 9:31 PM

    Zombiemommy- I use the bill envelopes as well! With all of the free labels that I get all year long from the office stores I just slap one of those over the clear little window and drop it in the mail. I don't know why anyone would pay money for envelopes!

    ReplyDelete