My kids love tacos and I love making them! Since we are a busy family on the go, portable foods keep us on time and out of the local drive thru. These Taco Pockets are quick, easy and filling. They are so easy to make that I would advise you to make a double batch and freeze some for later like I do.
Prep Time: 25 minutes if you already have taco meat prepared
55 minutes if you need to prepare taco meat
Cook Time: 9 minutes
Total Time: 34-64 minutes depending on meat preparation
2 cups Taco meat- (I used Jennie-O Ground Turkey & a seasoning packet )
2 cans BIG biscuits (16 total ct)
1/4 cup salsa
2 cups shredded cheese
1 cup black or pinto beans
1. Prepare taco meat according to packaged directions on taco seasoning or packet.
2. Lightly flour counter or another smooth surface and roll out biscuits.
3. Combine taco meat, salsa, beans and cheese in a bowl and mix together gently.
4. Spoon 2 tbs of mixture onto each biscuit and fold in half, crimping the edges with your fingers or a fork.
5. Take a fork and poke the top of each pocket.
6. Beat egg and 2 tbs water together to make egg wash.
7. Brush each Taco Pocket with egg wash
8. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 9 minutes.
9. Serve with your favorite taco trimmings.
* I always keep 1lb bags of prepared taco meat in my freezer for quick and easy meals. For that reason this meal was quick and easy for me to prepare.