Thursday, May 8, 2014

FantabuLESS Salad in A Jar








As a busy mom of 6 on the go, it's not uncommon for me to be in my van several hours a day shuttling kids from one destination to the next.  As you can imagine I have rolled up to more than my fair share of drive thru windows. I came across tons of recipes in jars over the years and decided that having a salad in a jar would work for me to eat healthy on the go. Not only is this good for my health but it's easy on my wallet as well since I can cut the cost of a store bought salad by over 50%. By no means did I invent this concept, I am only sharing my experience with you.




First gather all of your fresh ingredients and jars together




I used the Ball 1 quart mason jars. Make sure they are clean and dry.



Fill the bottom of the jar with your choice of salad dressings.



Put your hard vegetables on the bottom of the jar.



Layer your vegetables evenly on top of each other.


Generously pile your greens on top.  It's okay to smash them down.


 Make sure the the rim is clean and put the lid on. 



Here's the finished product ready for consumption. Shake it up and lunch is served!



No comments:

Post a Comment